- The Rainbow Comes and Goes: A Mother and Son on Life, Love, and Loss, by Anderson Cooper. (070.92 COO)
- The Song Poet: A Memoir of My Father, by Kao Kalia Yang. (305.8959 YAN)
- Taconite Dreams: The Struggle to Sustain Mining on Minnesota’s Iron Range, 1915-2000, by Jeffrey T. Manuel. (338.273 MAN)
- Innovative State: How New Technologies Can Transform Government, by Aneesh Chopra. (351 CHO)
- Every Landlord’s Legal Guide, 9th Edition, by Marcia Stewart, et al. (394.7304 STE)
- The Backyard Birdsong Guide: Eastern and Central North America, by Donald Kroodsma. (598.1594 KRO)
- Longevity Book: The Science of Aging, the Biology of Strength, and the Privilege of Time, by Cameron Diaz. (612.68 DIA)
- Ordinarily Well: The Case for Antidepressants, by Peter D. Kramer. (615.78 KRA)
- What to Expect When You’re Expecting, 5th Edition, by Heidi Murkoff. (618.2 MUR)
- Finding North: How Navigation Makes Us Human, by George Michelson Foy. (629.04 FOY)
- Zak George’s Dog Training Revolution: The Complete Guide to Raising the Perfect Pet with Love, by Zak George. (636.7 GEO)
- Outlander Kitchen: The Official Outlander Companion Cookbook, by Theresa Carle-Sanders. (641.5 CAR)
- Learn to Timber Frame, by Will Beemer. (697.2 BEE)
- Rag Rugs: 16 Crochet Projects to Make with Strips of Fabric, by Suzanne McNeill. (746.73041 MCNEI)
- The Way of the Runner: A Journey Into the Fables World of Japanese Running, by Adharanand Finn. (796.42 FIN)
- Muhammad Ali: A Tribute to the Greatest, by Thomas Hauser. (796.83 HAU)
- Alaska Fishing: The Ultimate Angler’s Guide, by Rene Limeres and Gunnar Pedersen. (799.109 LIM)
- Hunting, Butchering, and Cooking Wild Game, vol. 01: Big Game, by Steven Rinella. (799.2 RIN)
- Hunting, Butchering, and Cooking Wild Game, vol. 02: Small Game and Fowl, by Steven Rinella. (799.2 RIN)
- TED Talks: The Official TED Guide to Public Speaking, by Chris Anderson. (808.51 AND)
- Best of Italy, by Rick Steves. (914.504 STE 2016)
- The Winter Fortress: The Epic Mission to Sabotage Hitler’s Atomic Bomb, by Neal Bascomb. (940.54 BAS)
- Liberty or Death: The French Revolution, by Peter McPhee. (944.04 MCPHE)
- Pumpkinflowers: A Soldier’s Story, by Matti Friedman. (956.9204 FRI)
- Illinois: The Prairie State, by John Hamilton. (977.3 HAM)
- The Work of our Hands: The Life and Death of the Small Family Farm, by Fred Gonnerman. (977.676 GON)
New Graphic Non-Fiction
The club will help participating K-5 students develop essential skills and abilities, including those that deal with science, technology, engineering and mathematics (STEM) concepts with a goal of improving math and science test scores.
Come enjoy some time playing PS3 and Wii!
Come listen to a story and make a craft!
New YA Fiction:
- Meet Me Here, by Bryan Bliss. (YA FIC BLI)
- With Malice, by Eileen Cook. (YA FIC COO)
- Julia Vanishes, by Catherine Egan. (YA FIC EGA)
- Brotherband Chronicles: The Ghostfaces, by John Flanagan. (YA FIC FLA)
- My Lady Jane, by Cynthia Hand. (YA FIC HAN)
- Steeplejack, by A.J. Hartley. (YA FIC HAR)
- The Memory Jar, by Elissa Janine Hoole. (YA FIC HOO)
- The Vanishing Throne: Book Two of the Falconer Trilogy, by Elizabeth May. (YA FIC MAY)
- Change Places With Me, by Lois Metzger. (YA FIC MET)
- The Crown’s Game, by Evelyn Skye. (YA FIC SKY)
- Endlessly, by Kiersten White. (YA FIC WHI)
- Perfect Lies, by Kiersten White. (YA FIC WHI)
- Supernaturally, by Kiersten White. (YA FIC WHI)
New YA Graphic Fiction:
New Juvenile Fiction:
New Juvenile Non-Fiction:
New Picture Books:
- Ten Hungry Pigs, by Derek Anderson. (J P AND)
- Llama Llama, Gram and Grandpa, by Anna Dewdney. (J P DEW)
- Llama Llama, Time to Share, by Anna Dewdney. (J P DEW)
- Horrible Bear!, by Ame Dyckman. (J P DYC)
- On the Farm, At the Market, by G. Brian Karas. (J P KAR)
- Clara: The (Mostly) True Story of the Rhinoceros Who Dazzled Kings, Inspired Artists, and Won the Hearts of Everyone…While She Ate Her Way Up and Down a Continent!, by Emily Arnold McCully. (J P MCC)
- A Rock Can Be…, by Laura Purdie Salas. (J P SAL)
- Water Can Be…, by Laura Purdie Salas. (J P SAL)
New Easy Readers:
New Board Books:
- Llama Llama, I Love You, by Anna Dewdney. (J BOARD DEW)
- Llama Llama, Night-Night, by Anna Dewdney. (J BOARD DEW)
- Llama Llama, Wakey-Wake, by Anna Dewdney. (J BOARD DEW)
- Hide-and-Seek, Pout-Pout Fish, by Deborah Diesen. (J BOARD DIE)
- Kiss, Kiss, Pout-Pout Fish, by Deborah Diesen. (J BOARD DIE)
- Smile, Pout-Pout Fish, by Deborah Diesen. (J BOARD DIE)
- Sweet Dreams, Pout-Pout Fish, by Deborah Diesen. (J BOARD DIE)
- Where is Baby’s Belly Button?, by Karen Katz. (J BOARD KAT)
(Columbia Pictures Industries Inc.; PG; 118 minutes; 2014)
Ever since her parents left her as a baby, little Annie (Quvenzhané Wallis) has led a hard-knock life with her calculating foster mother, Miss Hannigan. However, all that changes when hard-nosed billionaire and mayoral candidate Will Stacks (Jamie Foxx) takes her in on the recommendation of his advisers (Rose Byrne, Bobby Cannavale). Stacks believes that he’s Annie’s guardian angel, but the plucky youngster’s confidence and sunny outlook may mean that Annie will save Will instead.
*Description from http://google.com | Permission to publicly show this movie was provided by Movie Licensing USA.
Using clever songs and unique showmanship, Duke Otherwise effortlessly engages and inspires children (and adults) of all ages! His original songs will make you laugh, clap, dance and interact.
Read to a Dog Story Time
Every Friday at 12:00 p.m.
Kids are welcome to come to the library from 12-1 PM to read to Lucy the dog. Her owner, Jean Frogner, will be here to help us have fun reading to Lucy. Lucy is a very affectionate dog who loves to have kids read to her.
Come play Scrabble to exercise your brain. Players at all levels are welcome.