https://mnbirdatlas.org/ This new online resource will be very useful for birders and fun for anyone curious about birds. It is […]
Showing on Friday, August 10th, 2:00 p.m.
(Walt Disney Pictures; 109 minutes; PG; 2018)
New on the Shelves
New on the Shelves
Highlight of the Month
Ancestry® Library Edition now available at the Two Harbors Public Library!
The Two Harbors Public Library has a new resource that uses technology to make tracing family trees easier. Ancestry® Library Edition, a Web-based reference tool distributed by ProQuest, will allow you to start exploring your roots by searching a surname. Anyone can come into the library to dig into Ancestry Library Edition’s millions of records–including census, birth, death, church, court, and immigration records–as far back as the 1400s.
New Genealogy Books (Request it now by clicking on the title!):
- Unofficial Guide to Ancestry.com, by Nancy Hendrickson. (929.10285 HEN)
- Unofficial Guide to FamilySearch.org, by Dana McCullough. (929.10285 MCCUL)
- The Family Tree Historical Newspapers Guide, by James M. Beidler. (929.1072 BEI)
- The Family Tree Guide to DNA Testing and Genetic Genealogy, by Blaine T. Bettinger. (929.1072 BET)
- Organize Your Genealogy, by Drew Smith. (929.1072 SMI)
- The Family Tree Cemetery Field Guide: How to Find, Record, & Preserve Your Ancestors’ Graves, by Joy Neighbors. (929.5072 NEI)
"Discover the secrets to Ancestry.com success! This book will help you get the most out of your Ancestry.comsubscription by showing you how to take advantage of what the world's biggest genealogy website has to offer--and how to find answers to your family tree questions within its billions of records and massive network of family trees. This newly updated guidereflects the site's many changes, with screenshots that demonstrate how to create family trees, navigate the site, and use Ancestry.com's search engines."