The library thrives due to the dedication of our volunteers. Support your library by engaging in this rewarding work.
Benefits of volunteering at the Two Harbors Public Library:
- Acquire new skills
- Become better acquainted with the library and its materials and services
- Connect with a thriving community center
- Achieve satisfaction from completing tasks for a much-needed service
- Gain service hours or gain experience for Library Science programs
- Spend productive time in a quiet and friendly environment
We are always looking for energetic and responsible people to assist in a variety of tasks. We are in particular need of volunteers to perform the starred tasks. Tasks include, but are not limited to, the following:
- *Shelving (helping put away returned materials, straightening the materials already on the shelves)
- Cleaning (e.g. wiping down children’s books, washing toys in the kids area)
- Completing Special Projects (e.g. cataloging archival materials)
- *Helping with Lego Club (assist kids with building Lego sets, take apart already built Lego sets)
- Setting up sign boards for the swing sign
- Distributing Posters (hanging posters of Library events around town)
If you are interested, submit one of the applications below and one of our librarians will contact you about which tasks, days, and times you are willing to help. Once you are approved, we’ll have you fill out a couple forms and you’ll be ready to go!
Children and Teens under 18 will need to have their forms signed by a parent/guardian before they can volunteer.