Meeting Room Use
Reserve the Room
Reserve our Meeting Room at https://calendly.com/thpl or by calling us at 218-834-3148. All reservations must follow our Meeting Room Policy.
Meeting Room Policy
The meeting room in the library may be reserved for use by educational, civic, cultural, governmental, and other non-profit groups when the meeting/program/etc. is open to the public and no admission charge is made. (Exceptions may be made for meetings sponsored by the library or approved non-profit educational group or institution for short-term classes, institutes, discussion groups, and forums, involving small fees.) Use of the library’s meeting room does not constitute library endorsement or approval of viewpoints expressed by participants in the meeting or program.
- The room may not be reserved by commercial or denominational groups. Profit-making organizations sponsoring an educational program of a non-profit nature will be permitted to use the meeting rooms provided the meetings are free, open to the public, and not for the purpose of advertising products or services to be purchased by attendees either during the meeting or at a later time.
- Any group using the meeting room space may reserve up to 1 meeting per month.
- Groups with recurring meetings may schedule up to 3 meetings at a time.
- Reservations may be made up to 3 months in advance.
- The meeting room may only be used when the library is open during regular library hours. All meetings or gatherings in the Meeting Room must end no later than 15 minutes prior to library closing time, and may begin no sooner than the library’s regularly scheduled public opening.
- Library groups, meetings, programs, and functions will be scheduled before and have priority over other scheduled meetings.
- The library’s name, address, or telephone number may not be used as the public point of contact for the community group using the Meeting Room. The individual or group’s advertising and promotional efforts must not imply that the library is a sponsor or a co-sponsor of its meeting.
- The room may only be used in such a manner as to not interfere with the proper use of the library. The room should also be left in the same condition that it was found in.
- All damages or additional expenses caused in using the meeting room must be paid by the organization or appointed contact person for the group.
- Food and drink may be served if it is kept in the meeting room, does not require a preparation area, and can easily be cleaned up by the group. The serving of alcoholic beverages is prohibited.
- Smoking is not allowed within the library at any time.
- All library policies must be followed while using the Meeting Room, including the Unattended Child Policy and Disruptive Behaviors Policy.
- The Library Director and/or Library Board reserves the right to refuse any or all applications for use of the room and to terminate meeting arrangements.
- Exceptions to these rules must be approved by a majority vote of the Library Board.
Adopted June 1978; Revised November 2003; Revised November 2011; Revised January 2016; Revised July 2022