Wireless Internet Policy
The Two Harbors Public Library is pleased to offer free wireless access to the Internet. No plugs or phone jacks are needed. Just turn on your portable wireless device, follow your device’s instructions to connect to our network, open your web browser, and start surfing.
You will need a notebook/laptop computer or other wireless device with wireless networking. If you are not sure if your notebook/laptop computer or other device has this functionality, please check with the manufacturer or supplier of your equipment. There are outlets available throughout the library for those who need to plug-in their device; please be mindful to share outlets with other library patrons, and to limit where your cord stretches to prevent tripping hazards for other library patrons. The Library does not assume responsibility for electrical damage to your device or to your person should you have handled the outlet incorrectly, be using a frayed cord, or have a faulty personal device.
Limitations and Disclaimers
Library users should be able to access our Wi-Fi connection in any of the library’s public areas. There may be some places from which you cannot access the Internet; if this happens, please move to another part of the library.
- We offer unfiltered Wireless Internet access. By using this service, you agree to abide by the Library’s Acceptable Use Policy. This policy states the limitations of Internet access, your responsibilities for using that access, and provides examples of acceptable and unacceptable uses.
- Although the Library does use a secure connection, the library does not guarantee that information sent to or from your computer or device cannot be captured by anyone else with the appropriate equipment and software.
- We may or may not offer printing from our Wi-Fi service depending on our current hardware and software capabilities. If you wish to print a document, you may save it to a thumb drive, CD-R, or e-mail the document to yourself and use our public access computers to print. Check with library staff regarding the cost of printing.
- Wireless users requiring sound must use headphones and at a sound level that does not disturb others. No sound leaking from headphones will be allowed.
- Library staff cannot provide technical assistance. We cannot guarantee that you will be able to make a wireless connection. Please do not ask staff for assistance with connecting.
- The Library assumes no responsibility for the safety of equipment or for notebook/laptop computer or other wireless device configurations, security, or data files resulting from connection to the Library’s network.
- Violation of the Library’s Wireless Policy or abuse of networking equipment may result in the denial of access to the library’s wireless network.
Adopted December 2008; Revised January 2016