The Two Harbors Public Library needs your help!
Public Libraries exist to support the community – and communities choose to support the Library. There are many ways in which you can help us be the best Library we can be.
Please take a look at our Gift Policy for more information; or stop in or call the Library for more information.
Print and Non-Print Materials
- The Library will accept your gently used books, DVDs, and other library-appropriate materials. The materials must not have any mildew, mold, or other damage that might render them harmful or unusable/unreadable. DVDs and CDs must be originals and not self-burned copies. If we do not add them to our collection, they will be given to the Friends of the Library for their book sales. All proceeds from the book sales go to support the Library – it is a win-win situation! The Library is currently not accepting donations.
- Donate to the Library directly
- We accept these from individuals, groups, and organizations.
- We accept cash or check only.
- Paver Stones
- We continue to accept donations for the Patio Project: be a part of the Library with an engraved patio paver stone for a $100.00 donation to the Library. Please fill-in and submit this form along with your cash or check.
- Donate to the Two Harbors Public Library Fund
- This is an endowed fund to support the operations of the Two Harbors Public Library in the long-term, and it is administered by the Duluth Superior Area Community Foundation.
- Cash, Checks, and Credit Cards all accepted!
- You can make a one-time donation, or you can set-up a recurring monthly gift.
- This fund can also accept gifts via will or trust. If doing so, the legal name of the fund is: Two Harbors Public Library Fund of the Duluth Superior Area Community Foundation, tax id #41-1429402.
- You can provide this language to your attorney for insertion into your will or trust. An example for how this might work is: “I give __% of my residuary estate to the Two Harbors Public Library Fund of the Duluth Superior Area Community Foundation, tax id #41-1429402.”
- You can also name the Two Harbors Public Library Fund, using the legal name above, as a beneficiary of your retirement plan, bank account, or life insurance policy.
- Friends of the Library (Become a Friend!)
- Cash/Checks accepted
- Can be dropped off in person or sent by mail at: Friends of the Two Harbors Public Library, 320 Waterfront Drive, Two Harbors, MN 55616.
- If you prefer to donate via credit card, you can use GiveMN, which links donors across Minnesota with organizations.
- Book Sale
- Check our events to stay posted on our three-day book sales throughout the year. A collection of books in the Library’s lobby and underneath the staircase are year-round.
- Book Bag Sale
- Our Book bags feature the Girl Reading on a Train artwork, the original of which is located on the upper floor of the library. The bags are $20.00 each, and can be purchased at the front desk of the library.
- When you shop on Amazon using the Amazon Smile link, and select the Friends of the Two Harbors Public Library as your charity of choice, a portion of every applicable purchase will be donated to the Friends of the Library.
- Cash/Checks accepted
In-Kind Business Support
Become an official sponsor of the Two Harbors Public Library and support our programming.
- Gift cards
- Monetary Donations for programming support
- Food/merchandise donations require consultation with staff. (Ex. lemon bars for an author talk)
Thank you for supporting YOUR Two Harbors Public Library!